Monday, June 11, 2012

120611

I am 4 days out of surgery and I feel great. Great for someone who had spinal surgery 4 days ago, that is. The pain in my leg, as well as the pain from the injury to my back is gone. It's like it was never there. Seriously, this surgery was that effective. Now, I still have soreness from the surgery itself, but it's bearable. As a matter of fact I stopped taking my pain medication Saturday afternoon. I found I really didn't need it. I started taking 800 mg of ibuprofen 3 times daily after that to manage what was left of my pain. I have since dropped it to 1 dose of ibuprofen as needed. Hopefully in the next couple days I can forget about that as well. I am starting to get a little stir crazy. As you are aware, I cant drive for another 9 days. And, honestly, I can understand why. I would be unsafe to others on the roadway as I can't turn from side go side to see out of the vehicle. Looking behind me is completely out of the question. I could drive if, say, the zombie apocalypse happened tonight. Other than that, I am pretty unsafe behind the wheel. I am pretty much confined to my house for another couple of weeks. I have been surfing the interwebs, reading Clive Cussler books, playing PS3, and generally procrastinating on what I should be doing, studying for the LSAT. I have decided to take it in August, just to see what happens, but I was always much better at procrastinating than studying. As a matter of fact, if we all die eventually, aren't we all just procrastinating until then? Yeah, thats what I thought.

I have been eating like crap. Since I can't really stand long enough to cook a meal I have just been eating whatever was around the house. This includes pizza, chips, sandwiches, etc. Pair this with the fact that I can't work out for another couple months and I am sure I will have to start my year of getting fit all over again. I'm ok with that as I wasn't very far into it. We went to eat with several members of our crossfit family tonight. It's hard to hear them talking about the gym. I want to get back in there badly.

So, 4 days post surgery wrap up. If you are considering this surgery, then you are like me and are beyond any other help. Either you have exhausted your other options, or you have an injury that is sufficient enough that other options really aren't options for you. I fell into the later category. So, if your doctor is suggesting a Microdiscectomy, I say do it! I certainly don't regret mine. I can already tell this has taken several years off the age of my back. It really feels great. Once I get fully healed up I feel certain that I will be back in the swing of things in no time. I'll update again in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment