Saturday, May 5, 2012

120505

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Now that the celebratory formalities are out of the way, let's get back to work. I had my body fat token yesterday with calipers. Turns out, as Matt Powell so accurately stated the other day, you can't trust the Navy. My body fat percentage, per the Naval charts, was around 28.9%. Thanks to Carla Skelton (wife of Cary Skelton, of Skelton Chiropractic), who pinched the crap out of me in various parts of my body, I have been officially measured for body fat percentage. It turns out that my actual BFP is 23.85%. Still not good, but not as bad as we previously suspected. I still have a long way to go.

So, I am worn out. We go to the gym today and I just wasn't feeling it. I will post my results after the workout. Today was as follows:  

BARBELL GYMNASTICS
     1) 12 minutes to establish a 1 Rep Max Push Jerk
       Notes: You should do this quickly. Take no more than 5 attempts. You made use a rack for this.
     2) 5 sets of 2 Cleans from blocks (just below your knees) @ 75% (rest 60 seconds between sets)

CONDITIONING
"Fran"
     21-15-9 of:
       Thrusters @ 95#/65#
       Pull Ups

MIDLINE STABILIZATION
     1a) 3x3 (3 left / 3 right) Turkish Getups- Heaviest possible, rest 45 secs 
     2a) 3x15 Reverse Hypers- Medium/Heavy, rest 45 secs
       Notes: This should be done as 1 set of Turkish Getups, rest, then a set of Reverse Hypers, rest, repeat. As always, see crossfit.com descriptions, instructions, and videos of the movements.

*****MY RESULTS*****
Boy, I was worn out today. The lack of a rest day Thursday really did me in. I tried, in any case. 
- I ended up doing the Push Jerk off blocks. I did 185# fairly easily twice. I tried 205#, but was unable to get under it. I probably could have done 195 or even 200, but I didn't attempt them.
- I used 145# for my Cleans off the blocks. It was kind of stressing, but not really. This was calculated as 75% of my assumed 1RM Clean of 195#.
-I did Fran on Tuesday, so I did not attempt it again today. I was feeling pretty tired, so I just watched my wife do it instead. My time earlier in the week was 7:59. She finished it, at the women's weight, in 2:59. She was just as tired as I was. I think she is superwoman.
When she finished that we both looked at each other, assessed our mutual exhaustion, and decided to go home. I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. I ate a WHOLE lot today, as I just felt like my body needed a ton of food. My family came into town today to celebrate my brother's, and my father's, birthdays, so I hung out with them all day. We did some fishing, drank some beers, and had a piece of ice cream cake. I really felt fine afterwards, and I feel like Monday I can blast off again. Tomorrow is a rest day if you are following along, so enjoy your rest! Go to church, spend time with your loved ones, do something you enjoy, and come mow my grass. See you all Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Well damn now you got me wondering. I need to find me some caliper pinching peoples too. No rest for me tomorrow. Gotta wait till tuesday. did Xfit main today then did CFTusc. Wall walking isn't easy in any shape or form, and 50 boxjumps at 90ish plus degrees sucked. 2 a days is working thus far and hasn't killed me yet. Cheers to a new week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome to come by the gym while I am there tomorrow. We have calipers there. I'll be happy to pinch the crap out of you. I saw people doing the wall walks Friday at the gym. Looked pretty tough. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete