Thursday, May 10, 2012

120509


I slept an hour later today, so I really don't have time for a long post. I wish I had a witty anecdote or funny story for you all today. Sorry. I do, however, have an absolutely demonic workout. It is as follows:

BARBELL GYMNASTICS
-5x2 Snatch from blocks @ 85% 1 rep man, rest 60 secs between
Notes: This should be a full squat snatch. No power snatch allowed. Blocks should be just below your knees. You are going to have to be very fast with your second pull to get these up consistently.

STRENGTH
1a) 3xMax Reps Bench Press @ 90% of your 1RM, rest 60 secs
1b) 3x8 Bent Over Dumbbell Rows (8 left, 8 right) @ Heavy as possible, rest 60 secs
Notes: These should be done, as usual, as a set of 1, rest, a set of b, rest, repeat

CONDITIONING
-3 rounds for time of:
5 Snatch Balance @ 135#/95#
20 Wall Ball @ 20#/14#
30 Double Unders
20 Toes to Bar
30 Double Unders

*****MY REULTS*****
Barbell Gymnastics
-I did the workout at 125#. This was sufficiently stressing, with me missing a few of the pulls. I am just learning the Snatch movement the correct way and it is coming along very slowly

Strength
-I used 165# on the bench. This was less than 90% of my 1RM, which I believe is about 195# right now. Honestly, I thought I would have more trouble with it. Apparently this should have been so heavy that between 3-5 reps was to be expected. I did 10,7,7 for my bench sets. Should have done more, I guess.
-I used 65# for my dumbbell reps. This was 10# more than I did for this workout last week. I probably could do 70# to really hit what I am capable of doing for these pulls. These wore me out, regardless. I'll probably try 70# next time,

Conditioning
-Wow. This workout nearly killed me. This was the worst MetCon I have done in a hot minute. It just absolutely wore me out from the start. I plodded through it and finished with a time of 24:29. And I did the Snatch Balance at 115 rather than the prescribed 135. I was just too beat to put up the 135. It was super slow. My wife finished in 11 minutes and some change. This was very slow for her too. Drew, the guys who owns the gym, who also uses Outlaw finished it in 8:57. That's blazing fast. Of course, he competed at Regionals and this workout was in his wheelhouse, but dang! He did the whole workout in what it too me to do a single round! That's unreal and it ought to show you how well Crossfit actually works.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Hurray! I'm going to mount my giant swing / outdoor bed. I'll post some pics of it once it is up. POST YOUR RESULTS, and see you all Friday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment